February 16, 2016
If you have a minor clog, you may feel inclined to take on drain cleaning in Glendale all by yourself. However, when we speak of DIY drain cleaning, we’re not just talking about a plunger; we’re talking about substances like baking soda, vinegar, and even boiling water. You don’t necessarily have to spend money on high-tech equipment just to get rid of a minor clog. Instead, the best solutions can be found in your own home! While noting can compare to the work of a professional, all it takes is a few resources around the house to take care of clogs once and for all!
Anthony’s Plumbing is here to show any aspiring DIY drain cleaner a few easy solutions for those times when a drain clog appears out of nowhere. Our team of plumbers have years of experience when it comes to drain cleaning, and know exactly what works to rid clogs immediately. Plus, if you’re experiencing a clog that proves to be too complicated for you to handle, please call us for drain cleaning and we’ll fix your drains in a hurry!
How Can You Conduct Drain Cleaning in Glendale?
If you’re unsure how to conduct drain cleaning in Glendale on your own time, please take the following advice:
- Drain Snake: Drain snakes is basically a long metal rope with a spiral of metal at the end. Drain snakes can reach deep into drains and the spiral can scoop out filth. It’s cheap, quick, and probably more effective than any drain cleaning solutions out there!
- Wet & Dry Vacuum: Do you have a wet & dry vacuum in your home? You may not know it, but it can actually be used to unclog drains as well! First, create a tight seal over the drain and set the vacuum to vacuum liquids. With the vacuum turned on the highest power, it can be powerful to scoop up any source of clogging into the vacuum bag.
- Boiling Water: Now if you want an extremely quick solution any homeowner can use, simply boil water and pour it down your drains. This will free up any source of clogging. Also, send warm water down the drains periodically whenever you’re washing dishes. A steady flow of hot water
- Dish Detergent: The same detergent keeping your dishes spotless is also an effective drain cleaning solution. Pour ¼ cup of detergent in a clogged toilet bowl and then add some boiling water. Dish detergent will act as lubricant to free up any sources of clogging, and the boiling water will provide extra help.
- Baking Soda & Vinegar: You may think that baking soda & vinegar may be just used for baking, but think again! A mixture of 1/3rd cup of baking soda with 1/3rd cup of vinegar in a measuring can cause a fizzing sensation that will eliminate any blockages in your drains. Allow the mixture to sit in your drains for at least an hour before flushing with hot water.
Contact Anthony’s Plumbing if you need drain cleaning in Glendale or if you’re looking to take care of dirty drains on your own!