December 21, 2016
If you want to ensure your home remains free of any plumbing issues, leak detection should be a high priority this season. Unfortunately, for many homeowners out there, it’s a lot easier said than done. Since piping is mainly located in between walls and under floors, a pipe leak may not be immediately visible to the eye. This means that a major leak could occur, or even worsen without the homeowner having a clue. Allowing even just one leak to persist in your home may result in significant water loss. In fact, according to the EPA, the average household’s leaks account for more than 10,000 gallons of water wasted every year. It’s a staggering amount, as it equates to roughly over 270 loads of laundry! What’s even worse is that ten percent of homes experiencing leaks will lose roughly 90 gallons of water. That’s water that could be used for showering, cooking, laundry, dishwashing, and more. Your savings will also be taking a hit. You may be in for a rude awakening when you see the cost of your next water bill, which can greatly interfere with your budget. However, detecting leaks is not impossible, and all you need to do is brush up on your detection skills to ensure they are stopped as soon as possible.
Why You Need to Call Anthony’s Plumbing for Leak Detection
If you are struggling to detect leaks in your home, call Anthony’s Plumbing for help immediately. Our team of plumbers are ready to help you throughout this entire season to ensure pipe leaks are a distant memory in your home. When you spot a sign that a pipe is leaking, we will inspect the problem, and have the leak repaired before more expensive and potentially dangerous damage has a chance to develop. Water damage restoration service can cost you thousands of dollars, but our leak detection will ensure they are stopped before it leads to any significant money loss. From there, we can make durable, high-quality repairs that prevent you from having to make another call for pipe repair for a long time to come. Even if you sense that you will be unable to determine where leaks are forming in your household, our trained and seasoned technicians would be thrilled to teach you the warning signs you should be looking out for. Once you understand the basics of leak detection, you will be able to react faster, and call us before more damage is done!
How Can You Detect Leaks in Your Home?
While you may not be licensed plumber with all the tools and experience necessary to conduct full-scale plumbing service, you can still detect leaks in your home using these 7 tips:
- Low Water Pressure: One early sign of trouble is low water pressure in your plumbing fixtures which will prevent you from getting the water you need to shower, wash dishes, or even wash your hands. While there are a wide range of problems that can cause low water pressure, they all involve your plumbing system. It is for this reason that it’s of most importance to call a professional for inspection.
- Wet Walls and Floors: Wet spots in your home are the most common sign of a pipe leak. They are also the most indicative of water damage. If wet spots on walls and floors are not promptly treated, it can lead to significant damage around your house and leave you paying thousands of dollars just for cleaning alone.
- Bacteria Growth: Mold and mildew growth will come alongside the wet spots in your home. If you spot any fuzzy patches of mold beginning to form, you need to call a professional immediately for assistance. Long-term exposure to mold and other bacteria can potentially result in residents experiencing serious respiratory issues later in life. Call Anthony’s Plumbing to ensure all bacteria is removed from your home as soon as possible, before it puts the well-being of your family at risk!
- Collapsed Pipes: Homeowners can usually detect a collapsed pipe on their own. If you’re hearing knocking sounds and audible running water coming from inside the walls, listen closely. Often times, homeowners will mistake these telling signs of a collapsed pipe as ordinary sounds, which is why it is important to call Anthony’s Plumbing the second you suspect something may be amiss. These warning signs need to be investigated immediately, as collapsed pipes can easily lead to a major leak.
- Structural Damage: Since water damage can weaken structural elements, your home will be more susceptible to experiencing significant physical damage. Even worse, you may find your home populated by all sorts of critters. Rodents, wood bees, and many other types of pests will be attracted to the accumulating water in your home.
- Termite Infestation: And speaking of critters, pipe leaks will often cause increased termite activity in your home! A dormant termite colony will become active once exposed to water, leading them to suddenly populate your residence. If you are squeamish at the sight of inspects, you may want to seek professional assistance immediately, before they do any considerable damage in your home.
- Wet Spots on Your Lawn: Sometimes you need to look outside your home for pipe leaks. A leak in your sewer pipe may appear as wet spots on your lawn. If you’re the type of person who loves a well-maintained yard, this is bad news. Pipe leaks have the potential to completely destroy your beautiful landscape, so be sure to call for sewer repair at the first sign of trouble.
Don’t Drown in Stress Over Plumbing Issues This Winter! Call Anthony’s Plumbing to Learn About Leak Detection Services Today!
Contact Anthony’s Plumbing today if you want to avoid increased spending on water bills this season thanks to our leak detection!