August 24, 2015
Slab leak repair is one of the important aspects of plumbing in Glendale. Since many homes across Arizona do not have basements, they’re known as “slab foundations” because they rest upon solid stone. The main problem with these homes is that slab pipes are more susceptible to pinhole leaks due to the difficulty of running a water line through them. Even worse, slab leaks are difficult to identify because they’re not readily visible to the eye, which means they can persist and worsen without you even realizing it.
Anthony’s Plumbing offers up the best plumbing in Glendale with plumbers who can quickly identify the source of a slab leak and fix it before it creates permanent damage. Fortunately, there’s also a few signs you can pick up on so you know when it’s time to pick up the phone and call Anthony’s Plumbing for slab leak repair..
5 Slab Leak Signs It’s Time for Plumbing in Glendale
Slab leaks may be hard to notice but with a keen eye, you can identify them and get them fixed in a hurry. Here are 5 of the most common signs:
- Low Water Pressure: Are you noticing the water pressure for your morning shower has suddenly decreased? Then it’s a possible sign you need slab leak repair. Slab leaks can actually lower water pressure and prevent you from experiencing high water pressure in all your plumbing fixtures.
- Hot or Cool Spots: There should always be a nice temperature balance for all rooms of your home. However, if you notice random areas feel much hotter or cooler than others, then it’s definitely a sign of a hot or cool spot. Hot or cool spots are one of the main indicators telling you it’s time for slab leak repair. One repair can restore balance in your home’s heating and cooling.
- Strange Noises: An immediate cause for concern is if you hear the sound of running water even if all of your home plumbing fixtures are turned off. Not only is this a sign telling you slab leak repair is needed, it’s also a sign of wasted water. Slab leaks can waste hundreds of gallons of water if not treated immediately.
- High Water Bills: If the cost of your water bills are higher than usual, then it could be a sign of a slab leak in desperate need of fixing. When left untreated, a slab leak can force you to spend plenty of money you’d otherwise save.
- Discolored Tiling or Wood Floors: Slab leaks can ruin the color of your beautiful tiling or wooden floor. If you notice your tiling or wood floor begin to take on a new color, it can be a sign of a slab leak.
If you notice any of these 5 signs, call Anthony’s Plumbing now for slab leak repair that will save you from future trouble!