June 4, 2018
Do you enjoy taking hot showers every day? Can you imagine how inconvenient it would be for your hot water to run out when you need it most? If you have been experiencing problems with the hot water in your home, you may be in need of repairs or even replacement. Whatever problems you are experiencing with your water heater, you can have peace of mind knowing that Anthony’s is ready to help. If you notice any of the following problems in your home, call us today
Signs Your Water Heater Needs Repairs or Replacement
- Rusty water is a sign that the tank of your water heater is rusty inside. To check the status of your water, try draining a portion of it into a five gallon bucket and checking for discoloration. A rusty tank could potentially spring a leak in the near future, so you should consider replacement.
- Gas smells are a sign that should never be ignored. As tanks age, they can leak small amounts of natural gas through loose fittings and joints. Call a professional if you can smell anything coming from your water heater.
- Age is a major factor in the break down of your water heater. Typically, these models have a lifespan of 10 – 15 years. If you know that yours is over 10, you should start thinking about replacement. Not only will a newer model work more efficiently, it will save you money on your water bill. If you’re unsure of the age of your system, check the serial number.
- Strange noises. As your water heater ages, sediment buildup becomes more and more likely. As it accumulates, it hardens. Take note of any loud banging sounds, and the rate at which you run out of hot water. Buildup is a major waste of energy that can cause your utilities to skyrocket.
- Leaks are a risk for all water heaters. When metal heats and cools, it expands and retracts. After repeated wear and tear over several years, it’s possible for your tank to crack. Even the slightest fracture can result in a leak, so if you ever notice any water dripping or pooling you should call a professional as soon as possible.
- Temperature problems are a sign of a problem as well. Cold showers aren’t enjoyable, but neither are scalding hot ones. Call a professional to check it out.
What You Can Expect From Anthony’s
A new water heater installed by the capable and friendly Anthony’s Plumbing professionals will give your home or business the following advantages right off the bat:
- Reduced energy bills.
- Water conservation.
- Increased home value.
- Better temperature regulation.
We offer electric, gas, and tankless style water heaters, and our technicians will help you choose the right water heater for you based on your needs, water usage, energy source and budget.
Ready to have your water heater repaired or replaced? Call today to learn how our water heater experts can help!